The National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples is a national voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
As a company the Congress is owned and controlled by its membership and is independent of Government. Together we will be leaders and advocates for recognising our status and rights as First Nation Peoples in Australia.
Find out more about Congress
ONE CLICK ONLINE MEMBERSHIP HERE
Click here to become a Congress member now.
HUMAN RIGHTS DAY 10 DECEMBER 2013
Come on down to Redfern Park in Sydney for a free Human Rights Day event on Tuesday 10 December 5:30-7:00pm.
Featuring legendary singer-songwriter Archie Roach the early evening event marks the anniversary of the United Nations’ (UN) adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Click here for more info.
CONGRESS ACHIEVEMENTS REPORT 2012-2013
Click here to read the Congress Achievements Report
- There were two meetings today - regarding the review of Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act - lasting for more than… »
- Joint Statement from Congress member organisations on the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses into Child Sexual… »
- Congress has written to the Prime Minister and requested an early meeting to discuss the relationship between the Government of… »
- Statement from Congress Co-Chairs Les Malezer and Kirstie Parker The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (RDA) plays a… »
- We have read with growing concern that the Federal government has plans to remove or water down the protections against racial… »