The National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples is a national voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
As a company the Congress is owned and controlled by its membership and is independent of Government. Our first elected Board took office in July 2011. Together we will be leaders and advocates for recognising our status and rights as First Nation Peoples in Australia.
Find out more about Congress
CONGRESS CO-CHAIR ELECTIONS & DELEGATE NOMINATIONS
Congress will be holding elections for Co-Chairs and applications and nominations for Delegates in the first half of 2013.
For more info see our elections page.
CONGRESS ACHIEVEMENTS REPORT 2011-2012
Click here to read the Congress Achievements Report.
- Congress notes the significant spending on Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander programs and looks forward to working with the… »
- Statement from the Close the Gap Campaign Coalition Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health - ongoing commitment from… »
- Congress has called for all Australian governments to commit to Justice Reinvestment to stop the overrepresentation of… »
- The National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples (Congress) says this year’s candidates for its male and female Co-Chairs… »
- More than 140,000 people across Australia today will remind political leaders of their commitment to close the gap in health… »