The National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples is a national voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
As a company the Congress is owned and controlled by its membership and is independent of Government. Together we will be leaders and advocates for recognising our status and rights as First Nations Peoples in Australia.
CHANGES TO THE RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT
Congress believes the Federal Government’s plans to abolish important legislative protections for the racially vulnerable threaten decades of hard work to build positive race relations in Australia.
Click here for more info on these changes.
ONE CLICK ONLINE MEMBERSHIP HERE
Click here to become a Congress member now. Membership is free for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people over 18 years of age.
Click here to sign up as a Friend of Congress.
CONGRESS ACHIEVEMENTS REPORT 2012-2013
Click here to read the Congress Achievements Report
- The Board of the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples calls for all members of the national parliament to stand up… »
- The Close the Gap Campaign today called on the government to rethink the proposed changes to the Racial Discrimination Act… »
- The elected representative body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples says Federal Government plans to abolish… »
- Community leaders reject mooted changes to race hate laws Representatives of the Indigenous, Greek, Jewish, Chinese, Arab,… »
- Joint Statement: Coalition MP breaks ranks with Federal government on section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act Coalition… »